Our Services | Proprioceptive Rehabilitation
Proprioceptive Rehabilitation is offered at both Stratford and St. Marys locations.
What is Proprioceptive Rehabilitation?
A combination of Proprioceptive-Rehabilitative Exercise and Physical Therapy:
It has been shown that regular exercise is essential and a necessary component for good health. In the realm of physical and proprioceptive rehabilitation, exercise is a critical component to attaining freedom from pain due to injury or increasing functional movement with work, sport, and activities of daily living. Dr. Tuling routinely prescribes rehabilitative or proprioceptive exercise as part of your treatment program. Each patient receives the most effective and safe exercises unique to that individual's case.
Exercise prescriptions may consist of some of the following:
- Proprioceptive-Balance training to teach your body its most efficient, balanced and stable position in space for optimal performance and functioning
- Strengthening exercises to rehabilitate the injured or weakened muscles and the joints they influence
- Work hardening, rotator cuff strengthening, dynamic scapular stabilization, and eccentric load training
- Stretching exercises to promote flexibility within injured, or weakened muscles
- Core-Stabilization exercises to help rehabilitate and train your nervous and muscular systems to coordinate safe and efficient movements
- Cardiovascular exercise for general fitness, weight loss, and rehabilitation
- Ergonomic advice and corrective exercises to combat postural strain
- Professional advice on starting a safe and effective exercise program
To make an appointment, please call:
St. Marys: 519.284.3883