Our Services | Proprioceptive Rehabilitation
Proprioceptive Rehabilitation is offered by Dr. Jeffrey Tuling at both our Stratford and St. Marys locations.
What is Proprioceptive Rehabilitation?
A combination of Proprioceptive-Rehabilitative Exercise and Physical Therapy:
It has been shown that regular exercise is essential and a necessary component for good health. In the realm of physical and proprioceptive rehabilitation, exercise is a critical component to attaining freedom from pain due to injury or increasing functional movement with work, sport, and activities of daily living. Dr. Tuling routinely prescribes rehabilitative / proprioceptive exercise within treatment programmes. Each patient receives the most effective and safe exercises unique to that individual's case.
Exercise prescriptions may consist of some of the following:
- Proprioceptive-Balance training to teach your body its most efficient, balanced and stable position in space for optimal performance and functioning
- Strengthening exercises to rehabilitate the injured or weakened muscles and the joints they influence
- Work hardening, rotator cuff strengthening, dynamic scapular stabilization, and eccentric load training
- Stretching exercises to promote flexibility within injured, or weakened muscles
- Core-Stabilization exercises to help rehabilitate and train your nervous and muscular systems to coordinate safe and efficient movements
- Cardiovascular exercise for general fitness, weight loss, and rehabilitation
- Ergonomic advice and corrective exercises to combat postural strain
- Professional advice on starting a safe and effective exercise program
For more information on Dr. Tuling – visit his page: Dr. Jeff Tuling
To make an appointment, please call:
St. Marys: 519.284.3883